Roleplay Haven

A roleplaying place with everything, except happiness.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Because Lefora is Down

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 22 of 24]

526 Re: Because Lefora is Down on Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:25 pm

Yuffie smiled.
"I could tell by your last name, but I wasn't sure if you could speak it or not." She told him. "I've only met a few people that did."

View user profile

527 Re: Because Lefora is Down on Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:26 pm

Hyun nodded.
"Yeah, my mom made sure I knew it." he chuckled. "You're probably the second person I know besides family that speak it."

View user profile http://roleplayinghaven.forumotion.com

528 Re: Because Lefora is Down on Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:34 pm

Yuffie smiled, opening the door.
"Well come in, since you're here. My mother taught me as well. My sister speaks some, but she's not fluent." She explained. "Want some coffee?"

View user profile

529 Re: Because Lefora is Down on Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:45 pm

Hyun took a step inside.
"Yeah, coffee sounds good. Thanks." he smiled. "How come your sister isn't fluent?"

530 Re: Because Lefora is Down on Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:45 pm

Yuffie went into the kitchen and put the coffee maker on, grabbing two mugs. A lot of her stuff was still in boxes, some of them on the counter.
"My sister is half Korean. My mother was a working girl when she had Aeris. She didn't have enough money to abort her, so she just kept her. She never let her forget it either, I suppose cause Aeris looks like her dad. She learned some of it just from listening to my mom talk to other Koreans, but my mother would never do her the honor of teaching her everything." She explained.

View user profile

531 Re: Because Lefora is Down on Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:05 pm

Hyun raised an eyebrow.
"Damn, what a family." he said, knowing what it's like to not really be wanted. His mother provided for him, but she had him out of wedlock, and moved to the states to escape the pressure. Something she would always drunkenly complain about. "I know the feeling of being unwanted..."

532 Re: Because Lefora is Down on Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:14 pm

Yuffie raised her eyebrows, the coffee machine beeping. She poured him a cup and set it down on the counter, so he could sit in one of the bar stools.
"Both Korean and unwanted children, what are the odds?" She smiled. "I got over it a long time ago. My mom's been dead nearly ten years now." She explained.

"Alpha 10, do you read?" A voice came over Dean's radio. "The residence you left earlier is in need again, 478, over." 478 was code for a hate crime.

The side of Vergil's home read faggot in big red lettering, someone had ripped up most of his flowers and left tire tracks in the lawn. Vergil himself had a broken nose, holding up a handkerchief to it. The cop that was already there was a bit of a homophobe, and not helping much.
"You just moved here and people already know you're gay?" He asked as Dean walked up. "You couldn't keep it a secret for a day?"
Vergil went pink, internally groaning when Dean walked up. Jesus, what could make the day any worse?
"I didn't say anything to anyone about it, officer. A few of the guys I went to high school went here, they probably remember." He gritted his teeth.

View user profile

533 Re: Because Lefora is Down on Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:19 pm

Hyun smirked slightly, but then he frowned slightly.
"Sorry..." he mumbled softly. "Mine kinda got better, but...only when she's not hitting the bottle...sobriety is a thin thread at this point..."

Dean caught the end of the sentence and he clapped a hand on his shoulder. While he didn't parade his sexuality at work, it wasn't necessarily a secret, and he always hated this guy.
"Why don't you go help Jones with the pictures." he said shaking his head. When he left, he looked to Vergil and frowned. "Tilt your head back, that'll help with the bleeding."

534 Re: Because Lefora is Down on Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:24 pm

"It's okay." Yuffie said quietly. She missed her mother sometimes, but in an abstract way. Like if her mother had been different. "I see. That sucks." She frowned, sympathetic. "Mine was heroin, most of the time, but she liked her Jack Daniel's too."

Vergil had to fight to roll his eyes. If he could pass for straight, maybe things would be different. Instead he was five foot eleven, slender, with pink eyes, two cats, and a Prius. Typically he found people thought him gay when they saw him anyway. He was what his mother liked to call artsy.
"Thanks, didn't know that." He mumbled. "I can't help you anyway. I answered the doorbell and some kid in a ski mask whacked me in the face. I was out for a while." Vergil was always very soft-spoken, and it hadn't changed. Even now he didn't seem mad. He seemed defeated, like this had happened before and would just keep happening.

View user profile

535 Re: Because Lefora is Down on Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:28 pm

Hyun nodded, but then he gave her a playful smirk.
"Ah, enough of this depressing talk." he said. "I wanna know more about you Ms. Kyoto."

Dean didn't say anything, just looked around as he spoke. He could probably pull some video from the traffic cams, maybe get a vehicle and an owner. It was slim, and this case would probably get tossed out rather quickly just to say they tried.
"I'll figure something out..." he mumbled. "Promise."

536 Re: Because Lefora is Down on Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:32 pm

Yuffie tilted her head before she smiled, taking a sip of her coffee. Hyun was cute, both in and out of uniform. That was weird though, wasn't it? Liking a cop that had had helped her?
"What do you want to know, Mr. Yi?" She smirked.

"Don't bother." Vergil said, finally removing the handkerchief when his nose was done bleeding. "I wouldn't want you to have to arrest your buddies." He got out, looking away. "It doesn't matter. I'll buy paint and cover it up, whatever."

View user profile

537 Re: Because Lefora is Down on Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:35 pm

Hyun blushed lightly and he shrugged.
"Oh, well, I don't know." he chuckled. "What do you do? What do you do for fun? That sorta thing I guess."

Dean couldn't help but feel a little hurt, and guilty.
"My buddies?" he shook his head. "Right...Not like I tried to defend you, or stick up for you."

538 Re: Because Lefora is Down on Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:38 pm

"Well, I've been working at the bar for the last four years now, just because the tips are good." She smiled. "But I like going to the concerts around here and the gallery showings. I love to dance." She admitted. "And I really like to eat, too." She laughed.

Vergil scoffed.
"Yeah, to the extent that they wouldn't suspect you were just as much of a fag as I was huh? What do you want me to do, Dean? Thank you for that?" He shot back, but he kept his voice down. Dean may have hurt him immensely but he would still never out him and jeopardize his safety. He thought Dean was openly out now, but apparently not to some of the police force given his interaction with Officer Jerk when he first arrived.

View user profile

539 Re: Because Lefora is Down on Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:45 pm

Hyun tilted his head and he nodded.
"That was going to be my next question." he said. "Because, I know a place. Downtown, dancing, good food. We could go some time, as friendly acquaintances."

"What the fuck did you want me to say?" Dean said, getting angry. He was usually calm and collected, he had to be growing up. He only let a few people really see what he was feeling, Vergil being one of them. "i'm sorry. I'm sorry I wasn't stronger when we were dating. I'm sorry I didn't take your feelings into account. I'm sorry, okay?"

540 Re: Because Lefora is Down on Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:49 pm

Yuffie knew she was pretty. Not in a conceited, horrible way, but she knew. Still, she hadn't thought that Hyun would ask her to hang out.
"Dancing and food, huh?" She smiled. "Sign me up, then." She laughed. Having a friend in the city would be nice.

A muscle twitched in Vergil's jaw as he looked away. A part of him knew it wasn't fair, that Dean's mother was the driving force of Dean not coming out. But the more selfish part of him, the part that had been in love with Dean, thought that Dean should have just bit the bullet. Why bother with his mother when she would never truly love him for who he was? Dean could have moved in with Vergil's parents, who didn't care if Vergil was an eggplant they still loved him. At least he would have had someone and not felt so fucking alone. They could have been alone together.
"You know what Dean? Why don't you take your apology and shove it up your ass." He snapped. "Maybe you'll find out you like it."

View user profile

541 Re: Because Lefora is Down on Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:54 pm

Hyun laughed, and he nodded. It'd be nice to just have a friend, besides he could always shove it in Dean's face that he was capable of just being friends with a woman (hue).
"Alright, how about this weekend?" he asked. "I'm off."

Dean felt like Vergil slapped him, and he just stood there for a moment.
"Fuck you, Vergil." He said before turning around and telling one of the officers to continue. He was done with this case.

542 Re: Because Lefora is Down on Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:59 pm

"I can switch with the other tender." She offered, smiling. "So that works for me, too." She had never had a guy friend before, actually. Except for Paul, but he was gay. She hadn't had a guy friend with temptation, she supposed. Not that Hyun was tempting to her, she told herself.

Vergil didn't try to stop Dean at all as Dean left. He was thinking about all of the nights he spent with Dean, mouths on each other and fingers roaming. He wondered how someone he knew inside and out was such a stranger to him.

In the end he didn't end up pressing charges.

View user profile

543 Re: Because Lefora is Down on Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:01 pm

Hyun nodded, and he smiled.
"Cool then, it's a plan." he said. "Well, I've taken up too much of your time already. I should go."

Dean went back to the station, a mix of emotions. By the time he got to his desk he was his usual self. It shouldn't matter, Vergil didn't understand.
But it does matter... He thought to himself. He had fallen in love with the guy after all.

544 Re: Because Lefora is Down on Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:08 pm

The following weekend, Yuffie was getting ready for her outing with Hyun. She didn't want to be too dressy, so she just wore a simple black dressthat looked fun, with a long sleeved black sweater over it, and black flats. When he came to the door she took her clutch, smiling as she stepped out with him.
"Hey! You look nice." She smiled.

The next week, Viola came to the station. Vergil mostly looked like his mother, except that her eyes took on a more purplish hue, but he had gotten the albinism from her. She looked stressed out and worried. The station was a bit busy, so she was just standing there waiting for someone to talk to her.

View user profile

545 Re: Because Lefora is Down on Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:13 pm

Hyun was a bit nervous for their outing and he didn't know why. He threw together a simple enough outfit(Top left). When she answered he smiled.
"Hey, you look nice too." he said. "I have an Uber waiting outside."

Dean had agreed to cover a shift for a friend, just getting in when he spotted her.
"Mrs. Alessi?" He hadn't seen Vergil's parents in years, but she wasn't hard to miss. She looked just like him. "Is everything okay?"

546 Re: Because Lefora is Down on Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:16 pm

Yuffie nodded, and she headed down to the car with him.
"So, where are we going?" She asked him once they were buckled in.

Viola recognized Dean immediately. It had been three years or so, and he had taken on a less boyish look in favor of a manly one, which suited him. She was still shocked to see him there.
"Dean." She smiled, hugging him. At one time she thought Vergil would end up married to Dean, he talked about Dean so much. "I didn't know you became a police officer!" She said, and then her smile crumpled. "Someone attacked Vergil two nights ago." She explained, her eyes tearing. "I think it was the same men that vandalized his property, and he might not want to press charges, but I do." She stood up straight, a strong woman.

View user profile

547 Re: Because Lefora is Down on Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:21 pm

"Heard of the Fat Buddha?" Hyun asked. "I've been there a few times, I got connections. We have a semi-private booth."

Dean frowned slightly, knowing it was probably better that he wasn't the one involved with this.
"Mrs. Alessi, I'll get another officer to help you." he said. "I know who will and won't take this case seriously. We'll get the people who did this."

548 Re: Because Lefora is Down on Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:25 pm

Yuffie raised her eyebrows before she laughed.
"I don't think you could like more of a mobster if you tried." She smirked at him, but she nodded. "I've heard of it, never been. This is so cool."

Viola frowned. Dean wasn't going to help her?
"Who better than you?" She asked him. "I know why you and Vergil broke up." She told him quietly. "He always said he couldn't risk what you'd have to go through if people knew. What he went through. Please. Another officer won't understand."

View user profile

549 Re: Because Lefora is Down on Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:27 pm

"Hey, being a cop can have it's perks." Hyun smiled at her with a wink. "Not that it's a bribe or anything, promise!"

Dean frowned slightly and he rubbed the back of his neck.
"Alright, I'll do my best." he whispered. "Come with me, I'll take your statement."

550 Re: Because Lefora is Down on Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:31 pm

"Too late, I'm always going to think it was a bribe now." She laughed. He was so charming, was that a wink?! When the uber stopped, she got out with Hyun, happy she was semi dressed up. The club was hopping, she could hear the music from the curb.

Viola followed him.
"It was after the vandalism. He was just going to leave for orientation and there were men on his porch. They threw him down and beat him badly." She whispered, tears coming to her eyes. "The doctors saved his clothing and all of the evidence. I can ask him to give you a statement, he would listen to me."

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 22 of 24]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum