Roleplay Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Roleplay Haven

A roleplaying place with everything, except happiness.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Because Lefora is Down

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 24  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 24]

51Because Lefora is Down - Page 3 Empty Re: Because Lefora is Down Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:11 pm

dinanicole

dinanicole
Admin

She finally smiled, just a bit. She leaned forward and pressed her lips against his lightly, not wanting to hurt him.
"I missed you too." She whispered. She was going to say more, when a blonde rolled herself into the room in a wheelchair.
"Shaun? Oh my God, are you okay?" Aeris asked, blushing when she saw Rose. "Oh, I'm sorry." She said, beginning to wheel away.
"No, it's okay." Rosetta told her.
Aeris turned the wheelchair around, still looking pale. "Are you both okay?"

52Because Lefora is Down - Page 3 Empty Re: Because Lefora is Down Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:13 pm

DarkLaiX

DarkLaiX
Admin

Shaun didn't realize how much he wanted Rosetta to feel the same way until that moment. He jumped slightly when he heard Aeris and he tried to sit up, groaning slightly.
"I'm just peachy." he smirked. "What about you?"

https://roleplayinghaven.forumotion.com

53Because Lefora is Down - Page 3 Empty Re: Because Lefora is Down Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:19 pm

dinanicole

dinanicole
Admin

Aeris grimaced as she got a good look at his face.
"You look like shit though." She told him, surprised when Rosetta laughed. "I'm alive. I'm Aeris." She told Rose, shaking her hand. "I've heard a lot about you, it's an honor." She smiled, trying to wingman for Shaun.
Rose blushed, shaking the woman's hand. "O-oh." She said, actually losing her cool for once. "Thank you, it's nice to meet you too."

54Because Lefora is Down - Page 3 Empty Re: Because Lefora is Down Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:23 pm

DarkLaiX

DarkLaiX
Admin

Shaun blushed, glad he was bruised so you couldn't tell either way. He glanced between the both of them, smirking slightly.
"Do you know what they're gunna do with Valenti?" he asked.

55Because Lefora is Down - Page 3 Empty Re: Because Lefora is Down Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:34 pm

dinanicole

dinanicole
Admin

Rosetta realized that the girl must work with Shaun and Cloud. She frowned for a moment, just listening.
"No, I was kind of hoping you'd kill him." She admitted. "Sorry." She mumbled to Rosetta.
"Were you there too?" Rose asked, looking up. "At the convoy attack?"
Aeris didn't lose face, nodding immediately. "I was. I served in the Navy, four years as a Certified Ethical Hacker. Then someone put a hit out on my family and killed my fourteen year old sister." She said quietly. "Arcadia promised me that they'd find who did it if I complied, so I did. We're not all monsters." She told Rose.
Rosetta looked away, feeling strange. She hadn't really thought of that before. "I see." She said.

56Because Lefora is Down - Page 3 Empty Re: Because Lefora is Down Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:38 pm

DarkLaiX

DarkLaiX
Admin

Shaun fidgeted slightly as Aeris and Rosetta spoke. He withdrew slightly, still working through his guilt about the entire thing. He messed with some of his bandage, knowing he shouldn't, but it was something to do.
"I hope he rots..." he mumbled after a moment.

57Because Lefora is Down - Page 3 Empty Re: Because Lefora is Down Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:45 pm

dinanicole

dinanicole
Admin

Rosetta put her hand over Shaun's when he went to mess with his bandage.
"Well, I beat the hell out of him." Rosetta admitted, trying to dissolve some of the tension.
Aeris laughed, before nodding. "I think he'll probably end up in prison. Unless someone pulls some strings. There were guards outside of his room. Anyway, I just wanted to check on you." She smiled at Shaun. "See you later."

When they were alone again, Rosetta looked up at him.
"She seems nice. Like a good friend."

58Because Lefora is Down - Page 3 Empty Re: Because Lefora is Down Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:48 pm

DarkLaiX

DarkLaiX
Admin

Shaun didn't look up at Rosetta when she placed her hand over his once more, and he smirked slightly. He knew Cloud wouldn't see prison, at least not for long. Bruce will get him out, or pay a hefty sum to make sure he didn't stay in for long. He said goodbye to Aeris when she left, and he finally looked up at Rosetta.
"Yeah...she's cool." he said softly. "A good person."

59Because Lefora is Down - Page 3 Empty Re: Because Lefora is Down Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:52 pm

dinanicole

dinanicole
Admin

Rosetta hesitated before she nodded in agreement.
"Yeah, just like you." She said quietly.

Some time passed, and soon Shaun was getting discharged from the hospital. Aeris was given a clean bill of health and discharged as well. The date to the ceremony was drawing closer and closer, and Aeris had filled in Rose about the plan to take out Marcus. Rose was on board. She got along well with Aeris, she could see why Shaun was friends with her.

Aeris tried hard not to give a flying fuck about Cloud. She didn't visit him in the hospital, but she did go to his house. She took Emma to her apartment and made sure she was taken care of, driving her to school in the morning. She was slowly doing less and less for Arcadia. She knew she'd have to give Emma up when Arcadia caught wind of the Marcus assassination. It made her sad.

60Because Lefora is Down - Page 3 Empty Re: Because Lefora is Down Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:06 pm

DarkLaiX

DarkLaiX
Admin

When Shaun was discharged, he was slightly surprised Rosetta was on board with the whole assassination plot, but then again why wouldn't she be? He worked on making sure what contacts he had stayed intact long enough to help them complete it with little to know effort.

Cloud managed to squeak by a prison sentence to everyones disbelief. Bruce knew how to pull strings and he did it well it seemed. He returned home shortly after processing realizing Emma was missing. He groaned internally, geez he was a shit father. He fumbled with his phone slightly before he called Aeris.

61Because Lefora is Down - Page 3 Empty Re: Because Lefora is Down Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:10 pm

dinanicole

dinanicole
Admin

That day, Rosetta was with Shaun at his apartment. She was reviewing a program that Aeris had made for her that showed the trajectories which would allow her to easily kill Marcus. She looked up when Shaun came into the room.
"I've wanted to do this for so long." She said softly. "But now that I'm actually planning it, it's..."

Aeris didn't recognize the number, having gotten a new phone. So, she answered, tucking it between her shoulder and her ear. She was in traffic after having dropped Emma off.
"Hello?"

62Because Lefora is Down - Page 3 Empty Re: Because Lefora is Down Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:14 pm

DarkLaiX

DarkLaiX
Admin

Shaun frowned slightly and he nodded.
"We don't have to do it..." he said moving to sit next to her. "We could explore other options, think of something else."

"Hey, blue eyes!" Cloud said. "So...do you possibly have my kid?"

63Because Lefora is Down - Page 3 Empty Re: Because Lefora is Down Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:18 pm

dinanicole

dinanicole
Admin

Rosetta looked up at Shaun. She could tell him something she had never told anyone before, but then he might think her to be a monster. Yeah, he had attacked her convoy and she still struggled with that some days, but there were secrets even darker than that.
"It's not that. I mean, one of us is going to have to die. He'll never leave me alone while I'm alive, and I'll never be safe while he's alive. It's that I-" She looked at him carefully. "He hates me because he thinks I killed my brother. And I did, Shaun. I killed him."

Aeris almost hit the car in front of her, slamming on the brakes.
"You son of a bitch." She muttered. "Yes, I have her. And you can kiss my ass if you think you're getting anywhere near her."

64Because Lefora is Down - Page 3 Empty Re: Because Lefora is Down Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:25 pm

DarkLaiX

DarkLaiX
Admin

Shaun frowned slightly, but when she admitted to killing her brother he raised an eyebrow.
"What...what happened?" he asked. "Was it some kind of accident?"

Cloud smirked slightly and he shook his head.
"So you're just going to kidnap my daughter, huh?"

65Because Lefora is Down - Page 3 Empty Re: Because Lefora is Down Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:30 pm

dinanicole

dinanicole
Admin

"That's what I told people. The police, my parents, anyone that asked for years, I said it was an accident." She whispered, no longer really looking at Shaun. Her eyes were miles away. "When we were younger, we had been best friends. But the older we got, the more Marcus molded him into a clone of himself. Pretty soon I'd have bruises from them both." She whispered. "When I tried to get that emancipation, Stephen could have just been truthful on the stand and they would have let me go. But then he would be incriminating Marcus. So he said that I was liar, and that it was safe at home." She smiled, but there was no warmth to it. "My guardian ad litem was going to get the case retried, but it wouldn't have gone anywhere because Stephen was going to testify again. He had been begging me to teach him how to shoot, so a few days before the hearing I took him to that gun range to learn how. When he went to switch out the target paper, I shot him in the back of the head."

Aeris rolled her eyes.
"Trust me, she's much better off without you." She told him. "I wish I had killed you and gotten you out of both of our hair for good."

66Because Lefora is Down - Page 3 Empty Re: Because Lefora is Down Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:50 pm

DarkLaiX

DarkLaiX
Admin

Shaun listened to her story, feeling as though it were all to familiar. He didn't have any siblings, it was just him and his parents. His father a drunk, his mother weak willed. He couldn't count how many times he had been beaten, stabbed at with broken bottles. His father didn't stay away for long, always coming back for more. His last year of high school he had caused a car accident with both of them in the car. The car was completely totaled, it was surprising that Shaun even survived.
"I get it..." he whispered after a moment. He touched her hand, giving it a light squeeze.

Cloud smirked and he shook his head.
"Given your track record you think she's safe? Look at what happened to your sister." he spat, but he immediately regretted it. "Fuck...Aeris...I didn't mean that..."

67Because Lefora is Down - Page 3 Empty Re: Because Lefora is Down Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:54 pm

dinanicole

dinanicole
Admin

Rosetta finally blinked when he touched her hand. She felt like she hadn't heard him, or like she didn't deserve to hear him. For the first time in a very long time, she felt tears at the back of her eyes.
"Thank you." She told him quietly, curling her fingers around his.

Aeris almost dropped the phone. There was a time where she had actually thought she was falling for Cloud. After she had killed Fischer, and he had pulled her close in the hotel, planted his lips on her forehead. And then he had shot Shaun. And then he had shot her. And then he had tried to kill the only human being Shaun cared about. And then he said what he just said on the phone. She didn't know where it came from, but she felt tears streak down her face. She had tried so hard to find Yuffie, that wasn't fair. She immediately hung up on him before she pulled over, resting her arms on the steering wheel and her forehead on her arms.

68Because Lefora is Down - Page 3 Empty Re: Because Lefora is Down Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:00 pm

DarkLaiX

DarkLaiX
Admin

Shaun caressed her face tenderly, leaning in to kiss her softly on the lips. He rested his forehead against hers for a moment, sighing deeply.
"I love you.' He whispered. "I'm sorry if it's too soon, but I wanted to say it..just in case."

Cloud threw his phone across the room, shouting in anger. He really needed to learn to think before he spoke, not like it even mattered. He had shot her, he killed her sister, he was the reason why she was in this situation versus actually making a decent life for herself. Maybe this was a good thing. And hell, what the fuck was he going to do with a kid anyway?

69Because Lefora is Down - Page 3 Empty Re: Because Lefora is Down Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:12 pm

dinanicole

dinanicole
Admin

Rosetta leaned into him when he leaned forward, putting her hand over his on her cheek. When he spoke she froze for a moment. She had convinced herself so many times that love was a weakness. She hadn't let herself get close to anyone except for Amon, and even then she was very guarded with him. Still, when he said the words, butterflies spread throughout her chest.
"I love you too." She whispered. She had known for a while.

Aeris waited until she could see to drive, and then she pulled away from the curb. She drove back to her apartment before texting Cloud to meet her there. She couldn't keep Emma from him. She loved Emma, but maybe she was thinking that she could do better this time. Maybe she was thinking she had fucked up so badly with Yuffie that Emma could somehow replace her and she could do it right this time.

When Cloud showed up, she let him in. She had packed most of Emma's things already.

70Because Lefora is Down - Page 3 Empty Re: Because Lefora is Down Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:20 pm

DarkLaiX

DarkLaiX
Admin

Shaun relaxed when she spoke, saying the words back. He leaned in and kissed her softly once more. He was glad things seemed to be working out for now, even if it would be rocky, at least they seemed better.

Cloud was surprised his phone was still working and he saw the text. He drove to her place and stood there awkwardly.
"Aeris..." he said reaching out to touch her, but he held back. "About what I said...It was out of line."

71Because Lefora is Down - Page 3 Empty Re: Because Lefora is Down Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:24 pm

dinanicole

dinanicole
Admin

Rosetta put the laptop down and moved so that she was curled against his side. She rested her head on his shoulder, wrapping her arm around his middle.
"What's going to happen to you? You're helping me kill someone that's always been with Arcadia. Surely they're going to want revenge."

Aeris didn't turn when he spoke. When she did turn, she just looked empty. She handed him Emma's suitcases, and a big teddy bear that sat on her bed.
"She gets out at three." She told Cloud quietly.

72Because Lefora is Down - Page 3 Empty Re: Because Lefora is Down Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:35 pm

DarkLaiX

DarkLaiX
Admin

Shaun wrapped his arms around her and he shrugged his shoulders.
"I don't know..." he mumbled. "I'd have to leave the country for a bit probably. Maybe go under a different identity. Depends on if anyone decides to pursue anything."

"Plenty of time then...please Aeris, just...talk to me." Cloud said stepping towards her. He set the suitcases down and touched her arm. "I'm sorry I shot you. I'm sorry for what I said. I'm sorry for...well everything. Just...I don't know, there's no way to justify it I guess..."

73Because Lefora is Down - Page 3 Empty Re: Because Lefora is Down Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:40 pm

dinanicole

dinanicole
Admin

Rosetta frowned, biting her lip for a moment.
"That could get really ugly." She told him. "I don't want you to get hurt, Shaun. Not because of me. Maybe you should let me clearly take the fall for this one. It's my burden, it's my father." She whispered.

Aeris looked up into his eyes when he spoke, shaking her head.
"Just be better to Emma." She told him quietly. "You're right, I shouldn't have her. I was thinking I could do it better this time, since I got Yuffie killed." She would have been horrified normally to realize she was tearing up, but she just didn't care anymore. "And I'm going to help kill Marcus, and then someone will hurt Emma too. She's not even mine." She whispered, not bothering to wipe her cheeks. "Just go, Cloud."

74Because Lefora is Down - Page 3 Empty Re: Because Lefora is Down Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:45 pm

DarkLaiX

DarkLaiX
Admin

Shaun frowned and he shook his head.
"They'll probably find out I help set it in motion." he mumbled. "Then they'd come after you, and Aeris. It's gunna be ugly no matter what."

Cloud frowned as she spoke and he reached a hand up and wiped her tears away.
"Emma loves you...so...don't die." he mumbled. "She's gunna wanna visit, so make sure you're prepared for that..."
He grabbed the bags and headed towards the door.

75Because Lefora is Down - Page 3 Empty Re: Because Lefora is Down Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:52 pm

dinanicole

dinanicole
Admin

Rosetta sighed, rubbing her face. She was so worried. If something happened to her, that was one thing. Something she had come to expect. But if something happened to Shaun or Aeris, that wasn't something she wanted to live with.
"Maybe I'll come with you. When you flee the country." She smiled slightly.

Aeris shut the door after he stepped out. She rested her back against it before she slid down and curled up into a ball, openly sobbing. She hadn't felt so alone in years.

Two days later, it was the day of the ceremony. Old lady Watkins had left for her walk, and Aeris arrived with huge bags under her eyes to help Rose and Shaun set up. Rose had brought the .50 caliber for this occasion. Alone she had wanted to wound him, then finish him up close. Here, she couldn't risk him surviving. She had painted her scope in translucent black, so that it wouldn't catch the light and give away her position.
"His men are all in position already." Aeris said, looking at the satellite view of the area. "None are by us though, you should be able to take the shot and then we'll get out before they even start to figure out what happened."
Rosetta nodded, balancing her gun.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 24]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum