Roleplay Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Roleplay Haven

A roleplaying place with everything, except happiness.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Crazier than Crazy

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 19]

301Crazier than Crazy - Page 13 Empty Re: Crazier than Crazy Mon May 01, 2017 2:10 am

dinanicole

dinanicole
Admin

Aeris held him tightly, the way an anchor held the boat in a storm. Cloud had been there for her, he had been her mentor, he had taught her how to shoot. He had saved her ass more times than she could count. And even though she hated that she had to be here for him, because it meant Julia was gone forever, she wasn't going anywhere. She was in it for however long he needed her to be in it. It was just what they did for each other. She knew that if roles were reversed he would be there for her too.

Rosetta kissed him back, wiping at her eyes before she laughed.
"I've never loved anyone before." She told him. "I had to think if that was what I felt or not. But I couldn't imagine life without my psychotic murdering bounty hunter in it." She smirked, burying her face in his neck and kissing his skin. "I'd miss the sex a lot too."

302Crazier than Crazy - Page 13 Empty Re: Crazier than Crazy Mon May 01, 2017 12:28 pm

DarkLaiX

DarkLaiX
Admin

The next couple of days were hectic for Cloud. He was thankful Aeris was here. Between taking care of Emma and taking care of the guests that stayed over at Charlie's place. The day for the funeral finally came. Julia wasn't particularly religious, but they had a priest and everything.

Cloud greeted the guests that came in, and when Shaun came up he froze and looked the man over. He didn't expect him to come, but then again, Shaun was her friend too. It only made sense.
"How you doing, brother?" Shaun asked softly.

"Blue Eyes has been keeping my shit together, so...I'm okay." he whispered.

Shaun nodded, seeing her and the baby. "I'll go say hi to her. I'm sorry for your loss..."

Cloud nodded, pulling him into a quick hug. Shaun was a bit shocked, but he clapped a hand on his back and nodded, moving over to Aeris.

https://roleplayinghaven.forumotion.com

303Crazier than Crazy - Page 13 Empty Re: Crazier than Crazy Mon May 01, 2017 12:32 pm

dinanicole

dinanicole
Admin

Rosetta had bought a black dress and gotten ready with Shaun that morning. She didn't arrive with him, but she was in the cemetery that afternoon. She was hiding behind a mausoleum.

Aeris saw Cloud and Shaun embrace, relief flooding through her. The two had always been so close, she was glad that Cloud had called off the hunt. When he approached her she smiled tearfully. She was wearing black pantyhoes with a sleeveless black dress that her knees, under a black cardigan. She was holding Emma so that Cloud could focus on the people arriving.
"Hey you." She said. "I'm glad you came."

304Crazier than Crazy - Page 13 Empty Re: Crazier than Crazy Mon May 01, 2017 12:38 pm

DarkLaiX

DarkLaiX
Admin

Shaun smiled at Aeris and he gave her an awkward hug, minding the baby. She had Julia's eyes, and she was as cute as a button.
"Yeah, me too." he whispered, sitting down next to her. "Is this the bouncing bean?" He added smiling at the baby. He tickled under her chin, watching as Emma scrunched up her face and wiggled a bit.

305Crazier than Crazy - Page 13 Empty Re: Crazier than Crazy Mon May 01, 2017 12:49 pm

dinanicole

dinanicole
Admin

Aeris nodded, hugging him back and then she smiling when Shaun tickled Emma.
"She looks like a perfect combination of them. Here, have the bean." She told him, handing him the baby. She figured Shaun would be one of those guys that was good with kids, although you'd never guess by looking at him. Just like Cloud.

306Crazier than Crazy - Page 13 Empty Re: Crazier than Crazy Mon May 01, 2017 12:52 pm

DarkLaiX

DarkLaiX
Admin

Shaun smiled and then he took Emma, carrying her like a football.
"Hey there." he whispered, fixing the little bow they put on her. She began to get fussy, but Shaun slowly rocked her. "What did they name her?"

307Crazier than Crazy - Page 13 Empty Re: Crazier than Crazy Mon May 01, 2017 12:54 pm

dinanicole

dinanicole
Admin

Aeris almost laughed, hoping Julia was somewhere she could see the football carry.
"Emma Valenti." She whispered. "Maybe you should have a bean. You're a natural." She commented, watching him rock the baby.

308Crazier than Crazy - Page 13 Empty Re: Crazier than Crazy Mon May 01, 2017 12:57 pm

DarkLaiX

DarkLaiX
Admin

Shaun blushed slightly and he shook his head.
"Maybe one day." he whispered, thinking about Rose. He looked up wondering where she was. They didn't arrive together, but he knew she was somewhere, watching. Once Emma was calmed down, he handed her back to Aeris.

309Crazier than Crazy - Page 13 Empty Re: Crazier than Crazy Mon May 01, 2017 1:00 pm

dinanicole

dinanicole
Admin

Aeris noticed the look around. She had been trying to track Rosetta down for months, but it was like the girl had fallen off of the planet...much like Shaun had. She smiled at his blush when she heard the organ start playing.
"We should get in there. Come sit with me." She told him, heading into the church. She had brought Emma's pacifier and the giraffe, just in case Emma got fussy.

When the service started and everyone had filtered into the church, Rose slipped into the lobby. She had heard the bells outside, and so she felt comfortable with going in. She stood off to the side of the doors, but she could hear everything.

310Crazier than Crazy - Page 13 Empty Re: Crazier than Crazy Mon May 01, 2017 1:21 pm

DarkLaiX

DarkLaiX
Admin

Shaun nodded and he moved with Aeris inside of the church. He sat down next to her and watched as the other people came in.

Cloud moved inside, not sure if he wanted to go through with this. He was one of the last to come in, so he walked passed Rosetta. He had to do a double take, wondering if he saw her correctly. He eyed her for a moment before he simply nodded and continued walking. He found his seat next to Aeris, taking Emma for a bit.

311Crazier than Crazy - Page 13 Empty Re: Crazier than Crazy Mon May 01, 2017 1:36 pm

dinanicole

dinanicole
Admin

Rosetta's eyes met Cloud's, but she didn't startle or draw away. She nodded in return. She certainly wasn't going to do anything to a grieving man. Even she had standards of behavior.

Aeris handed over the baby when Cloud sat down. She was seated in-between Cloud and Shaun. Part of her wanted to reach for Cloud's hand, just knowing how upset and tired he was, but then she thought better of it. She didn't want to be disrespectful of Julia in any way at her funeral.

The priest stood and began the service. Once he was done speaking, he sat down and let Charlie take the stage. Aeris felt herself tearing up when Charlie started talking about his daughter, but it soon turned into laughter with the others as he told a story about Julia sneaking out.

When Cloud took the podium, she took the baby. She slipped her free hand into Shaun's, squeezing his fingers. It was the worst thing in the world for her. Hearing Cloud's agony and pain, and not being able to do a damned thing about it. She would never say it out loud, but she would have easily switched places with Julia. Aeris's death would have hurt Cloud, sure, but not like this.

Rosetta hadn't expected the rapist murderer old guy to give such a sentimental speech. She wasn't a crier, but she still felt sympathy for him, mostly because she related to how she would feel if she lost Shaun.

The priest continued the rest of the ceremony, and then it was over. People were going to be driven to the cemetery for the burial next. Rosetta had left the lobby before the first person even exited the church.

312Crazier than Crazy - Page 13 Empty Re: Crazier than Crazy Mon May 01, 2017 1:50 pm

DarkLaiX

DarkLaiX
Admin

Cloud moved with the crowd. He wasn't crying, or anything anymore, even though he almost broke during the speech. He was just drained. Thinking about the last several months, hell even the last few years, he didn't realize how much he did love Julia.

When they arrived to the cemetery he stayed silent during the entire service, standing between Aeris and Shaun, Emma in Aeris' arms, he felt strong. It wasn't until they began to lower the casket that tears slipped from his eyes. He knew in that moment, he had to stop. He couldn't live this life anymore, not with Emma.

When it was over, he moved away from the group to have a cigarette when he saw Bruce, standing by his car. How long had he been there? He knew Charlie, but he didn't think he knew Julia as well. The man waved him over and he clapped a hand on his shoulder.
"I'm sorry, son." he said. "I don't mean to drop this on you when you're grieving, but it's important."

"Yeah, I have something to tell you first." Cloud said. "I'm quitting. I can't do this shit anymore, so whatever it is, ask Barrett, or Aeris."

Bruce lips twitched, eyes narrowing. "If you want out, then you have to take this assignment."
The man behind Bruce handed him an envelope, a few pictures of a house and a woman, but the real target was a child. There was no picture of the child, just her age. Eight years old.

"Jesus fucking Christ, Bruce. You're seriously asking this? When I just had a fucking kid and buried my girl less than three days ago?!" Cloud hissed, trying to keep his voice down.

"I knew you'd want out. And consider this the jump." Bruce said. "You have a week. If you don't give me what the higher ups want then I'll kill you. Leave that little girl an orphan. Do you want that?"

Cloud opened his mouth to speak, but he quickly shut it. There was no way he was going to let that happen. He could stomach this last kill, he could do it. For Emma's sake.

"Good. Now, get to it." Bruce smirked getting back into his car.

Cloud cursed under his breath as Bruce drove away, and he opened the envelope inside viewing the pictures. When Shaun and Aeris came near he quickly sealed it, not wanting them to worry, or try to stop him. If this was what it took to get out then so be it.

313Crazier than Crazy - Page 13 Empty Re: Crazier than Crazy Mon May 01, 2017 1:57 pm

dinanicole

dinanicole
Admin

Aeris rocked Emma gently through the lowering of the casket. She knew that Cloud was crying, so she finally just took his hand. He needed her, let the others beat her up if they thought she was doing something shady. She stood next to Shaun when Cloud walked away, watching the majority of the crowd leave.
"So you did have her." She whispered, her eyes walking onto a pretty black woman that had come closer as people left. "I thought you might." She smiled at Shaun, shaking her head.
Rosetta knew Shaun might be mad, but she was just fearless. Let someone try to jump her at a funeral, fuck it. She came up behind him and slipped her hand into his, looking at the blonde and the baby.

"I'm Aeris. And this is Emma." Aeris told Rosetta, and a moment later she handed her the baby. Maybe Cloud would be less reactive if she was holding his child.
Rosetta raised her eyebrows, but she took the baby. "It's nice to meet you. I'm Rose. You must know that already though, I think." She told Aeris, lightly running a finger over Emma's little hand.
Aeris blushed, but she nodded. It was then that she saw Bruce out of the corner of her eye, and she stepped in front of Rosetta to block her from view. When Bruce left, Aeris walked with the couple over to Cloud.
"Hey." She said to Cloud. She had been trying very hard not to say how are you, or are you alright, all week.

314Crazier than Crazy - Page 13 Empty Re: Crazier than Crazy Mon May 01, 2017 2:01 pm

DarkLaiX

DarkLaiX
Admin

Shaun looked to Aeris as she spoke and he blushed, watching as Rosetta came closer. No one seemed to pay her any mind which was a bit of a relief. He knew they wouldn't try to jump her, but still, a lot of people here tended to be trigger happy.

He walked with them, smiling as Rosetta held Emma. Thinking it was a good look for them. Maybe one day they could adopt, or foster, something. He knew Rosetta would make a wonderful mom.

Cloud wasn't even concerned Rosetta was holding Emma, he was just making a mental note of everything he had to do for the job.
"My last assignment." He mumbled. "I don't want to ask you, but...if you could stay with Charlie this week and help him and Emma...I'd appreciate it."

315Crazier than Crazy - Page 13 Empty Re: Crazier than Crazy Mon May 01, 2017 2:04 pm

dinanicole

dinanicole
Admin

"Yeah, of course." Aeris said, her eyes soft. "I think I made enough food for an army this week." She admitted, and it was true. The fridge was full of all sorts of dishes. She had been doing the cooking at Charlie's for visitors too. "You should stay with me, too." She told Rosetta, who raised her eyebrows. "I mean, you know I put a tracker on your old burner, you keep moving it everywhere but where you're staying. We can maybe figure something out." She offered, for Shaun too. "Wait, last assignment?" She asked, finally catching it. "As in, you're getting out?"

Rosetta looked skeptically at Shaun. She was a master at disappearing, but that was a little harder around a woman, a man, and a baby. Still though, it wasn't a horrible idea. Maybe Shaun could even return to his home for a while.

316Crazier than Crazy - Page 13 Empty Re: Crazier than Crazy Mon May 01, 2017 2:23 pm

DarkLaiX

DarkLaiX
Admin

Cloud nodded as Aeris spoke, and then when she asked about the last assignment.
"Yeah, Bruce said this is my jump..." he mumbled. He eyed Rosetta and he stepped forward to take Emma, giving her a hug. He kissed the top of Emma's head, watching her mouth form a tiny o as she yawned. "I should start preparing." He mumbled handing her back. "I'll call you."

Shaun looked to Rosetta, and he wasn't sure what to do. If Aeris was willing to do that for Rosetta it might help things return slightly to normal, but they'd still have to worry about Marcus and his goons.

317Crazier than Crazy - Page 13 Empty Re: Crazier than Crazy Mon May 01, 2017 2:30 pm

dinanicole

dinanicole
Admin

Aeris opened her mouth to speak, but then she closed it. She nodded, trying not to frown as she took the baby.

"It's not safe for me to stay with you." Rosetta told Aeris honestly once Cloud had left. "I wouldn't mind, I'm pretty good to have around when someone dies, but that's because people tend to die around me." She smirked. "I'm not even fully comfortable staying with Shaun." She admitted. It was the reason why she left and returned haphazardly. Well that and...other reasons.

Aeris frowned, but she nodded.
"Alright, well if you change your mind Shaun has my number." She told her. "I should get Emma to Charlie's. Take care." She told them, hugging Shaun before she left with the baby.

"Maybe I should hideout somewhere else for a while." Rose said to Shaun as they walked to the car. "You could at least go home."

318Crazier than Crazy - Page 13 Empty Re: Crazier than Crazy Mon May 01, 2017 3:33 pm

DarkLaiX

DarkLaiX
Admin

A week later, Cloud was ready to go on with the mission. It was late at night, and Cloud already disarmed the house alarm, all he did was open the window and slip into the house. He got his gun out and slowly made his way upstairs, doing his best not to make a sound. When he got to the bedrooms he checked one, but it belonged to the woman. He checked the next door and he saw the small figure in bed.

He slowly made his way inside, quietly shutting the door behind him. He moved so that her back was to him and he cocked the gun, hesitating. He was trying so hard not to picture this as Emma.

319Crazier than Crazy - Page 13 Empty Re: Crazier than Crazy Mon May 01, 2017 3:45 pm

dinanicole

dinanicole
Admin

Yuffie told Aeris she was happy. Whenever her sister called, she always told her about the pool, or the school, or her friends. But it was all a lie. She would have much rather been hopping shelter to shelter with Aeris like they had the first five years of her life. She didn't like April, or her school, and the kids were snotty and mean.

She had been stealing from the kids at school, just here and there. She almost had enough for a bus ticket to see Aeris. That night she had laid down early, thinking it would only be a few more days until she could get away. She slept restlessly, waking slightly when she thought she heard footsteps. She rolled onto her side, facing Cloud, looking sleepily up at him for a moment.

320Crazier than Crazy - Page 13 Empty Re: Crazier than Crazy Mon May 01, 2017 3:47 pm

DarkLaiX

DarkLaiX
Admin

Cloud almost dropped the gun when the girl turned. His eyes widened as he got a good look at her face and he quickly put away his gun. No fucking way, there was no way he was going to kill this kid. He quickly backed up, putting his finger over her lips to signal her to keep quiet.
"I'm leaving." he whispered.

321Crazier than Crazy - Page 13 Empty Re: Crazier than Crazy Mon May 01, 2017 3:48 pm

dinanicole

dinanicole
Admin

Yuffie came fully awake then, eyes wide. A man was in her room, at night. She sat up, reaching out to him.
"Take me with you!" She whispered, turning on her light. "Take me with you or I'll call the cops and tell them what you look like." She demanded.

322Crazier than Crazy - Page 13 Empty Re: Crazier than Crazy Mon May 01, 2017 3:50 pm

DarkLaiX

DarkLaiX
Admin

Cloud raised an eyebrow at the girl, and he shook his head. What the fuck was he going to tell Aeris?
"I can't take you." he whispered, but then he stopped. If Bruce wanted Yuffie killed then he knew about Aeris' secret. He was doing it for some reason, and if Cloud failed, someone else would just come along. "Fuck. Fine. Follow me, don't make a sound."

323Crazier than Crazy - Page 13 Empty Re: Crazier than Crazy Mon May 01, 2017 3:52 pm

dinanicole

dinanicole
Admin

Yuffie nodded smugly. She grabbed a picture of her and Aeris at Disney Land by her bedside, and her stuffed rabbit before she followed Cloud silently. It had been too dark in the room to see the picture.
"You have to hold my hand." She told him when they got out to the road, reaching up. Aeris always made her.

324Crazier than Crazy - Page 13 Empty Re: Crazier than Crazy Mon May 01, 2017 3:56 pm

DarkLaiX

DarkLaiX
Admin

Cloud didn't know what he was doing, but it had to be better than leaving her right? He raised an eyebrow as she spoke, but he took her hand, leading her to his car. He opened the passenger door and closed it once she was inside, reaching for his phone to call Aeris.
"Listen. I need you to grab Emma, and head to my apartment." He said in a hushed tone when she answered. "I'm destroying this phone when I hang up. I'll call you from a different number."

He didn't let her say anything, he already hung up and smashed his phone on the ground, stomping on it. He got in the car and he looked over to Yuffie. He never thought he'd actually see her in person, but here he was. He quickly looked away before starting the car and making the drive back before stopping at a store to grab himself a pre-paid.

325Crazier than Crazy - Page 13 Empty Re: Crazier than Crazy Mon May 01, 2017 4:01 pm

dinanicole

dinanicole
Admin

Aeris sighed when she saw Cloud's name on caller ID. She laid Emma down on the bed to answer, when he spoke. She pulled the phone away from her ear a moment later, looking at it with confusion. She knew he was on his last mission, and he said he was going to destroy the phone...

She put her hoodie on and picked up Emma, grabbing her diaper bag on the way out.
"Charlie! I left the roast in the crockpot!" She called to him, saying goodbye. Then she headed to Cloud's apartment.

Yuffie was a considerate kid. She hummed and looked out the window as Cloud drove, before she looked up at Cloud when he got back in the car after the stop.
"Can you take me to see my sister?" She asked him. "She lives in New York. I really want to see her. This is her." She told him, giving him the picture. She was smart, but young, and she didn't really know how tracking a person worked.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 19]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum